Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Code of Ethics Excerpt


"I will remember to find joy in life in the every day moments. Daily smiles and appreciation of the little things will truly be the linking devices as I move forward on my path. While ambition is my priority, I also want to give myself time for my hobbies. I’ve never liked this feeling of how the older we get the more of ourselves we are forced to give up. As children we’re active with excess free time to read, write, and play. Throughout the years we’re urged to sacrifice one thing after the other in order to give more focused attention to ‘the important things’. Sooner or later we become adults with full time jobs that extend beyond the advertised 40-hour workweek. We give up dancing, we give up reading, and we forget to see the smiles in our days. Morale wavers until the day we wake up questioning every move before that point because suddenly we aren’t individuals anymore. I won’t give in to the pressures of giving up what makes me who I am. Whether making time for a dance class, going on a run, people watching on the metro, reading alone in a coffee shop, or working in a new travel experience, I will incorporate my personal interests to my busy schedule so I don’t wake up one day as the president of an international corporation with no personality or intrigue. A youthful sense of curiosity is healthy and shall remain in my essence as long as I live."

No comments:

Post a Comment